The Best WordPress Themes on the Market – Editors Pick
Who has the time to research more than 10,000 WordPress themes?
Me? No, but through these years that I am using WordPress, I’ve been always on a lookout for new themes with more settings and better looks from my current one. Yes, I took me a lot of time, but it surely helped me build this site for Detailed WordPress Reviews.
I have personally used some of the most popular WordPress themes on the market to find the best among them.
The themes you will see below, sold (and are still selling) thousands of licenses around the world. They are also my personal favorites. Most of the WordPress users are using these themes, and there is a good reason behind it.
From among the thousand WordPress themes available, I have narrowed the choice for you to the 10 you will see below.
How I Review and Rate WordPress Themes
I review and rank themes and plugins based on 3 key factors: Function & Performance; Looks; Price.
- Functions & Performance – Full-width, boxed layout, related articles, responsiveness, yes there are probably plugins for all of these functions, but why you should take from your precious time searching for such plugins (or pay money) since they should be included in your WordPress theme. All top WordPress themes should have all these functions included: full-width and boxed layout available for pages and posts; related posts after each post; responsive design for mobiles; clean code for a fast website.
- Looks – Of course, you will want your site to look awesome, who wouldn’t. There are so many affordable WordPress themes on the market and I still see sites that are looking bad, to say the least. Don’t leave your site looking bad. Make sure to pick a theme that will not only look amazing but will also resonate with your overall idea.
- Price – Even if you’ve found an awesome theme providing all the needed functions, you still won’t buy it if it’s going to cost you a fortune. Well, this probably will never be going to happen, simply because the regular prices for WordPress themes are around 50-80$. Still, that worth mentioning during the process of choosing a theme.
Based on my experience I’ve come up with a list of 10 templates that for me personally are the best WordPress Themes. I hope the products you will see below are going to ease your choice for finding a suitable theme for your personal or business website.
Top 10 of The Best WordPress Themes Available Online – Editors Pick
1) Total – Total comes highly equipped. You will not only have all major features at your disposal, but you see how easily they can be used in the powerful theme panel option. Premium plugins, WooCommerce, Awesome looking demos that can be easily installed with one click.
Functions – On top of the major features, Total has really easy to use page and post settings panel that will allow you to make some cool changes. It also comes with included MailChimp form to collect emails.
- Page Builder – Total uses Visual Composer for creating custom pages.
- Looks – Total provides 31 and growing demos to choose from.
- Price – 59$ one time fee with 6 month support.
Or read Detailed Total Theme Review.
2) Divi – With Divi you can build pretty much everything. It has unique, eye-catching design and will change the way you’ve build sites so far. The 46 content modules will allow you to create amazing landing pages with all the perks: pricing tables, email options, big buttons and more.
- Functions – In addition to that, now Divi comes with integrated split testing and conversion rate optimization system backed by powerful stats and insights. You can now test and see which header message gets the most attention.
- Page Builder – Divi uses Divi Builder for creating custom pages and posts.
- Looks – Ships with 20+ pre-made layouts that look amazing.
- Price – 69$ per year or 249$ one time fee to have lifetime access to updates.
Or read Detailed Review of Divi Theme.
- Functions – One of the things that is making Genesis really famous is the SEO optimization and the clean looks. Unfortunately, that’s basically it. It doesn’t allow you to make many additional configurations, at least if you are not a developer. For people not so tech savvy you can get the Genesis Design Palette Pro plugin.
- Page Builder – Doesn’t have one.
- Looks – Clean and fully responsive. If you want to change the design you need to consider purchasing one of the themes available: Genesis Themes.
- Price – 59.95$ is the price for Genesis Framework. 99.95$ is the price if you purchase the Framework + one Theme. Additionally, you can get full access to all themes 499.95$ after that is 99.95$ each year.
4) X Theme – Really powerful and full with plugins and options. X theme quickly became of the best themes on ThemeForest thanks to all the plugins and customization options included. Layer Slider, Envira Gallery, ConvertPlug are only a few of the premium plugins included for free in this theme.
- Functions – The theme uses incredible shortcodes and big 3D buttons that will increase your conversion.
- Page Builder – Cornerstone is the page builder powering this theme.
- Looks – X theme can really transform your site looks with the included stacks that have unique design and functionality.
- Price – 64$ one time fee.
Or read Detailed X Theme Review.
5) Jupiter – Jupiter version 5 and above came with a bang. Performance and speed on steroids will boost the loading speed of your site and the awesome looks will satisfy all of your visitors. The powerful admin panel and the background manager will save you tons of time.
- Functions – Edge slide show and 18 header styles will really make a difference.
- Page Builder – Visual Composer is the plugin powering Jupiter.
- Looks – You get access to 70 + amazing templates when purchasing Jupiter.
- Price – 59$ one-time fee.
Or read Detailed Jupiter Theme Review.
6) Thrive Themes – Conversion focused WordPress themes. The guys from ThriveThemes really made something special with their themes. They are fast, optimized for more sales and conversions, content focused and highly customizable.
- Functions – All ThriveThemes have these so called Focused Areas that are designed to bring you more clicks and respectively more sales.
- Page Builder – Using Thrive Page generator you can design and publish sales and opt-in pages.
- Looks – Every Thrive Theme comes with a ”Landing Page” template that will help you get the desired results.
- Price – 49$ is the cost per theme. Additionally, you can become ThriveMember for 19/mo (paid annually) and get all the benefits.
Or read Detailed ThriveThemes Review.
7) Bridge – Multi-purpose WordPress theme for business owners. Bridge looks really awesome and has everything you will ever need to create a successful online business. Freedom to design everything; Fast loading speed and quick friendly support, these only few of the benefits this WordPress theme has to offer.
- Functions – Bridge has unique customization layouts that come in handy if you decide to create out of the box pages.
- Page Builder – Visual Composer is the plugin for building pages.
- Looks – 145+ Fully equipped demos. Yes, there is basically a demo for everything.
- Price – 59$ one time fee.
Or read Detailed Bridge Theme Review.
8) Salient – The top selling creative theme on ThemeForest. Salient will transform your website make it stand out. Retina ready, SEO optimized, WooCommerce ready. Everything you will need to create a beautiful website.
- Functions – Salient has a stunning look that’s for sure. The theme panel provides all essential features categorized and ready to use.
- Page Builder – Salient uses Visual Composer.
- Looks – Currently Salient comes with only 8 demos, which is actually enough. Easy one click demo importer.
- Price – 59 $ one time fee.
Or read Detailed Salient Theme Review.
9) Sahifa – Best WordPress theme for news and blog sites. The layout of Sahifa is designed to store, organize and show all of your articles in the best possible way. Translation ready and fully compatible with bbPress and BuddyPress.
- Functions – Second menu, breaking news section, and the social widget counters will help you reach a wider audience and double your page views.
- Page Builder – Sahifa uses its own page builder called TiePage Builder.
- Looks – Sahifa doesn’t have additional demos, but you are free to change all theme colors and settings to fit your business idea.
- Price – 59$ one time fee.
Or read Detailed Sahifa Theme Review.
10) Schema – The fastest loading, ultra-SEO friendly WordPress theme. Schema has built in rich snippets that will help search engines index your site better and rank it even higher. Header options, social share buttons included and more.
- Functions – The main focus here is the speed and the clean and easy to navigate layout. There aren’t a lot of extra functions, only the basics.
- Page Builder – Doesn’t have one.
- Looks – You can choose from default, minimal or shop demo.
- Price – 59$ for one year, after that 19$ per year.